Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Fall Blog Hop

Hello Sweet Friends,



First of all... Happy Fall Y'all! I don't know about you but I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the fall. So sad I am going to be missing it and have to wait until March / April for South African Autumn! Fall is my favorite season. The fabulous cooler weather, cute fashion, fun classroom activities and things to do... I just adore it.

But anyway... I am so excited to be joining Stephanie from Mrs D's Corner and some amazing teacher blogger friends for a "FALL BLOG HOP". You can read all about a bunch of exciting things based around FALL!

Let me start off with a list of my "FALL FAVORITES"...

1.  FOOTBALL

Those of you who know me, know that when I came over to the USA, I fell instantly in love with the game of football! Oh my word. I am addicted. I have amazing friends, who were patient enough to sit through a few games with me and explain the rules and what exactly was going on. I was lucky enough to go to a few games and tailgate! And because I was in South Carolina, I was told I have to choose my team very wisely (or I might be disowned as a friend). Thank goodness I picked the right team... and they are of course... THE CLEMSON TIGERS!


I absolutely love and adore anything orange and purple and tiger! I have been following this season's games on Twitter, and so far so good. Hope my boys keep it up! Do you watch football? What team do you support?

2. SCARVES

Hi! I'm Tamsyn and I have an addiction to scarves. Woolly, infinity, straight, soft, cuddly, blanket type, patterned, plain... you name it, I will want it or probably have it (in every color too). I mean, a girl can never have too many scarves! And errr I have about 80 (half of which are in storage and I just could not get rid of). I am always topping up my collection. Fall, Winter and even a few cool days in Spring are my scarf days. My favorite style at the moment is the Plaid Blanket type scarf. I have 1 or 2 of these and I will admit now... it won't be my last.
My Favorite Fall Scarf Fetish for this year
A scarf with boots is just the perfect Fall outfit. What is your favorite fall style? What inspires your fall fashion?

3.  DARK CHOCOLATE AND HOT CHOCOLATE

Yes, nearly all y'all love pumpkin spice lattes from StarBucks. I am that 1% exception that doesn't. I don't drink tea or coffee, so pumpkin spice drinks don't tickle my fancy. Neither does pumpkin pie! GASP! I would rather indulge in a slab of dark chocolate and a cuppa hot chocolate, curled up on the couch with a blanket and Netflix!



Those are my top 3 things for ME, but onto my top 3 things for my classroom and kiddos. Even though I am not teaching at the moment, my mind is constantly on the GO for ideas and things that I can use when I am back in the classroom.

1. ARTS and CRAFTS

I love creating, and I love to find things for my kids to make on a "Fun day". Pinterest and blogs I love you! I always find amazing things on there. My favorite this year is APPLE STAMPING. Fall reminds me of apples. So apple stamping would be a sure thing in my classroom. It is so versatile and can be used with many activities.


You could use the apples for the shapes of leaves on a tree, scarecrow faces, apple stamped banners, counting crafts etc etc. The list is endless.

2. FLAVORED PLAY DOUGH

While I said before I don't like pumpkin spice, I know my kiddos and families do. I found this awesome pumpkin spice play dough recipe. This would be used non stop in my classroom. My kiddos (even though I taught 3rd Grade) loved play dough. Even at their age.

Pumpkin spice play dough recipe
Click HERE to be directed to the recipe :)
3.  BOOKS

I LOVE READING. Rain or Shine, I love to be curled up with a good book. I try instill that passion for reading in my kiddos. I get a few who feel "forced" but majority of my kiddos loved reading. Watching them blossom into fluent expressive readers was so rewarding for me. Some of my favorite fall story books are:

Leaf Man by Lois Ehlert

We're Going on a Leaf Hunt by Steve Metzger

Johnny Appleseed by Jodie Shepherd

Friends, I would love to hear what your fall favorites are for yourself and the classroom. But before you hop on over to the next blog, I have a freebie for y'all. I have just uploaded it into my store. Go check it out :) 







Hop on over to the next blog to find out what Kristina has to say about fall. Click the image below. 





No comments:

Post a Comment