HAPPY NEW YEAR Sweet Friends!
What a year 2015 was! Full of ups and downs and adventures! I hope y'all had a wonder night ringing in the new year with friends, family and loved ones. I don't often make new year's resolutions, but this year I am going to try and blog more.
And starting off with a bang... I am joining Farley for her monthly "Currently" link up.
Listening:
My family and I have moved back to South Africa and we rang in the New Year with very special friends who we consider family. Our New Year's Day tradition is spending the morning down on the beach (we live about 500m away from the sea) and a Braai (pronounced br-eye) or what y'all call a cook out, when we get home.
However, because we all got home at a ridiculous hour this morning, the beach trip kind of fell away but the Braai at our house continued. So they are all downstairs laughing, playing games and chatting. I'm upstairs in my office and hearing this just fills my heart with such love.
Loving:
To be honest, I am not a fan of the heat in Summer!! TOOOOO HOT for my liking. I am such a winter baby! BUT creating awesome memories with my loved ones are always one for the books! So I am actually loving the Summer vibes this year :)
Thinking:
All good things must come to an end, and in a blink of eye we will be heading back from the break. I am so EXCITED because this year I am going to be teaching Kindergarten. Here we call it Grade R. I have never taught this grade before but am so ready for a new challenge! My class is going to have 40 little beings. Any of y'all K teachers? What advice can you give me for teaching this age group?
Wanting and Needing:
I want and need a nap! Simple as that! I am getting way to old for late night parties.
One little word:
Blessed. Explains it all!
Well friends, that's it for this month's currently. I am going to head back outside and enjoy the gorgeous sunset (See below). Don't forget to head on over to Farley's page and grab a blank currently and join in!
Have a blessed year Sweet Friends!



Happy New Year! I"m always amazed when I think about people having summer at this time of year. Although here in my part of the US the weather has felt more like summer than winter. How exciting for you to begin your new journey with kinders, I am sure you will love it. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the well wishes Dia! I was in South Carolina, and my friends have told me the weather has been a little confused in the South! :)
DeleteI just loved reading your post, Tamsyn, and I look forward to following your journey in R. :) I teach kinder and I have fallen in love with it. I taught 5th last year and was asked to interview and move back home to teach K. I was so nervous (I always thought I'd want first grade and that was it) in August! Now, I would never go back! I love their "newness" to school and how they are so willing to learn. The first few weeks will be challenging because you will be repeating yourself a ton and doing routine after routine after routine, but it 100% pays off! Stay organized, realize that things are going to take a lot longer to accomplish, and don't forget to laugh with them! :)
ReplyDeleteHave a great year!
Breanna
A Pinch of Primary
Thank you for your kind words Breanna! Bring on the challenge! have a wonderful 2016 and enjoy the rest of your school year!
DeleteI want and need a nap, too - ha! Happy new year! Best of luck to you in Grade R!!
ReplyDeleteKristin
School and the City
40 Kindergarten students! Wow! I know you will do an awesome job though. Yes, our winter has felt like summer, but a touch of winter is back in the air today. Enjoy the rest of your break and hope your New Year is blessed!
ReplyDeleteSebrina
Burke's Special Kids
Happy New Year! How cool to live & teach in South Africa! The sunset looks absolutely lovely. Forty little kids sounds like a lot! My biggest class this year is 29 fourth graders and some days it is like herding cats! LOL Good luck at your new job!
ReplyDelete